Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My New 'Dos

So as I mentioned in my blog yesterday, I took the plunge last night and had my hair cut off since it was really starting to fall out in chunks.  It was time. I didn't go completely shaved, just buzzed.  I have to say it wasn't as traumatic as I thought it might be.  Fortunately, I had a wonderful support group with me (my mom-in-law) and 3 friends who were able to cry with me for a moment, laugh with me during many moments, and help me figure out how to work my new styles! Several pictures below since I have many options thanks to my hats and wigs (1 is a full wig and 2 are partial wigs that you wear with hats). My buzzed look really isn't bad (different, but not awful), but it probably won't last too long as more hair comes out.  But certainly wearable for now and when my hair does start to come back ultimately.  This morning Colin told me I looked pretty but Owen said I looked scary.  Oh well....one out of two isn't bad and I'm sure Owen will adjust. Anyway, both a before pic and many after pictures (taken this morning) posted below.  As for me, I'm feeling good today so far - probably thanks to staying on top of my anti-nausea meds. Have to go back for my neulasta shot this afternoon but after that am done with appointments for the week  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone -I'm hoping to do one more post tomorrow!

Before picture (taken at my Amazing Amy party pre-chemo)

After picture with my new wig!

Casual curly look with a hat!

Sassy look - who knew I could pull off bangs!

Pony tail look!

And the G.I. Jane, all-natural buzzed look.  May not last for long but I can deal with it for now!

17 comments:

Juli Russell said...

Omg I LOVE your new looks!!!! The sassy look is HOTTT and personally I think you should rock the buzzed look as much as possible...it's great!!!!

Jess said...

I really can't believe how great you look with the buzzed look. I would never guess you didn't choose to have that just for a cool style. All the looks are great. The curly one looks like you did in high school. I am glad you are feeling good too, because you certainly look amazing! xoxo

Anonymous said...

You can TOTALLY pull off the GI Jane look! Impressive.

I love all your new looks--great to have options. We are continuing to keep you in our thoughts and send positive vibes your way. :)

-Candice and James

Lynn said...

You look great. Buy stock in hats and scarves. My mom wears them around the house all the time to keep her head warm. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Amy.

Kathy Fredrickson said...

Love the curls! You can borrow from my collection of really cool White Sox caps. Your mother-in-law would approve!

Dad and amalia said...

You look really good and most important you are feeling well!
Just keep up the positive thoughts and take the meds when you should.
Before you know it, we may all go to the buzz look!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
dad and amalia

Marc Specter said...

Years ago when Mother Nature began whittling away at my luxurios Jewfro, I lamented my pending male-pattern baldness. I took the bull by the horns and have been shaving my head now for about 15 years. Now I can look back and thank Mother Nature, that old bird, as today I can stand in shorn solidarity with you Amy. And you do look very cute in your GI Janeness.

Katie said...

I love all your hot new looks!! I'm glad Colin likes the GI Jane look - Owen will come around. You forgot to tell us what Ed thinks! :)

Kathy S said...

Amy - I think we all agree, you can pull off the GI Jane look pretty well! Hope the chemo lets you enjoy some family and holiday time this weekend. You have such a great attitude! And the kids...heck, they can't help it they are honest! When Drew was 3 I got a perm....all he said was Whoa! What happened? You would have thought I shaved my head!! Stay strong girl! You are simply amazing! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hugs,
Kathy

Theresa said...

Amy, your new looks are great! Love the wig--it looks almost identical to your real hair. You certainly can pull off your GI Jane look, you are a warrior! :) Stay positive, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Amy! I LOVE the looks - all of them! How wonderful to have the options! You look cute as ever sporting any of them. And, I totally think your buzzed look is amazing. Your smile and your eyes sparkle and that is what others are drawn to. Your attitude is amazing! Keep up with your meds to keep that nausea away! Be brave, be bold, and rock the new looks with confidence!

Lauren said...

I am partial to the sassy bang look . .. puts a little zing into your step and it was the least expected. I am so Thankful for our friendship. We were brought into each others lives for a reason and I look forward to the next 60 some years so we can figure all this out together! Happy Thanksgiving

Janice said...

You look great in all the styles!! :) I'm very thankful for our friendship. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Raiya said...

They all look great! So fun trying out the different styles! I'm so glad you're feeling well, too! You are such a great friend and I'm so thankful for you! Have a great Thanksgiving!

doctor-mother said...

I love all the looks. I can't pick just one.

Hannah said...

I love all your looks! :)

Jennifer Edwards-Amberg said...

Amy! You look amazing! In all of the looks! Even with your buzz! I think you'll be beautiful bald, based on these photos!