Yesterday was a day I will always remember. I will let the pictures below tell the story....but here's the quick rundown:
- Owen's birthday party was a blast. 13 kids (including my boys) ran around a gymnastics center for a solid hour, had cake, and opened presents. Easiest party we've ever thrown but so much fun!
- My "Team Amy" party was absolutely amazing. I can't even begin express how much fun I had, the kindness and generosity of my friends, and how thankful I feel to have such an incredible group of local women behind me. I rented the back room of our downtown wine bar and we all had appetizers, wine, and even a birthday cake for me! I have to say that I wasn't certain if having a party was really what I should be doing during this crazy time, but I think it turned out to be the best thing I could have done. And believe me, there will be an even bigger party this time next year when I beat this cancer! The real work will begin for me on Tuesday with my first chemo treatment and I'm very anxious about how that's going to go and how I'm going to feel in the upcoming days and weeks, but I have to say that I feel very positive going into this with so much love and support from my friends and family. Loads of pictures below from yesterday...I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for being so amazing!!
 |
| Owen and two of his buddies hanging around the gymnastics center |
 |
| Relay races for the kids! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Owen! |
 |
| Owen and some of his buddies |
 |
| All of the party kiddos |
 |
| My beautiful cake (I can't seem to flip this picture properly but you get the idea!) |
 |
| The wonderful women from my mom's group |
 |
| Two of my former co-workers |
 |
| The whole party group - so thrilled that so many of my friends could attend!!! |
 |
| My fabulous mom doing what she does best - being my #1 cheerleader! |
 |
| My core group of ladies - Estela, Lauren, and Janice. Don't know what I would do without the three of you!! |
10 comments:
Hi Amy,
I'm Jennifer Russell's sister, Sibyl.
At Juli & Jeff's wedding your family of 4, impressed me as such a strong, vivacious unit. You have been in my thoughts since I learned of your diagnosis. You write a really mean (neat) blog! Take care and know I'm praying for you in Iowa.
Looks like 2 fantastic parties!!! So happy you had such a great day of celebrating! Wish I could have been there.
What a wonderful day! Owen looked thrilled at his party, and your party looked amazing! Much love!
Mom
I am so glad you had such a great party (and Owen too!). I am so happy and relieved that you have such a great support unit in Neenah. Go TEAM! :)
Love the pics! Wish I could've been there to celebrate with you. Love you!
This party was truly an expression of how much we all love you. I am honored to get the coolest nomination of being part of your core local team...Hope you have a good week...praying for you...
Love,
Great pictures and the parties look like they were lovely! I'm glad you were able to get in some celebration this weekend =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, Looks like your partied all weekend and have great memories, the pictures are great. Wished I could have joined your party but I was there in spirit. Good luck tomorrow. My prayers and support continue for you and your family.
It looks like both parties were a hit! I'm so happy to hear Owen's was so much fun (and importantly for you, so low-maintenance)! Your Team Amy party looks like it was just what you needed!! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you even more tomorrow :)
HI Amy,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! You totally have the strength for the days ahead, and everyone is behind you! We love you!
Rebecca
Post a Comment