Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, I'm officially 35 today! Definitely a birthday I'll never forget but at the same time, I'm already looking forward to #36 when this saga is hopefully in the past.

Despite yesterday's chemo, I was still feeling pretty good this morning so I got dressed up and headed to work. Had a couple of good working hours, but I guess the chemo effects kicked in shortly after and caught me off-guard with some pretty bad nausea so I took some meds and went home eventually to rest. Learned my lesson the hard way to try to stay ahead of my symptoms!! To top it all off, snow started falling while I was at work and still hasn't stopped. Seriously....snow on November 9th??? I really have no choice but to think that the gods are conspiring against me lately!

Not much else for today...rested, got my day-after-chemo injection, and am now getting ready to hopefully be able to eat some birthday pizza with my boys. I'm told I should be pretty wiped out for the next couple of days....we'll see how it goes and I'll try to keep updating. Thanks again to all of you for all the positive thoughts and birthday wishes!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! I know the weather has been really crummy today but inside your house is warm, loving, secure! Enjoy the boys, your mom, Ed and everyone who loves you so very much! I hope you can eat a little. Be gentle with yourself and rest. Thinking about you.....

Katie Trame said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I can't believe all the snow WI is getting! I have been traveling for work but thougtht about you yesterday and today. Glad to hear your first round of chemo hasn't been too bad so far.

Anonymous said...

Try snow on October 29. UGH!
Anyhoo, I'm sure your b-day was amazing despite everything; you were surrounded by everyone who loves you!
Keep fighting! You're doing great!
<3 Steph K.

Marisa (K) B said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I'm glad you started your chemo so that you can commence with the a5$-kicking =) Here's hoping your reaction to chemo is relatively mild! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathy S said...

Happy Birthday Amazing Amy! I hope the next few days are not too rough for you. Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers!! Love Ya!

Kathy

Jennifer Edwards-Amberg said...

Happy Birthday Amy! It's been a while since I've checked in but I'm so thrilled to see things seem to be going well. I'm sorry I missed your party, but I will definitely be there for the celebration next year! I can't imagine having to tell Owen and Colin about your cancer. You really are an insperation. I hope you continue to feel well!

Rebecca said...

Hi Amy. I hope hope you had a great birthday and that you're continuing to stay ahead of your symptoms with your meds. I know it's true with migraines--if I wait too long to take serious pain medication, I can really regret it, and it can take some time to get back in control of the pain. That's why the meds are there. I know you're taking good care of yourself. You are indeed AMAZING!!!

Rebecca

Juli Russell said...

Happy Birthday, man!! To celebrating next year in STYLE!!