Hello everyone!
I'm blogging from the chemo chair right now....the wonders of technology (and my new iPad). Not a ton to report except that I got through my "scary" oncology appointment. I was paranoid all week that the tumor was growing, but my oncologist measured it and reassured me that it's definitely not growing (if anything, it may have shrunk a tiny bit, but the measurements he took were very raw). So that was good to hear. He said chances are it would take a few cycles to really see a response anyway. My labs all came back fine, too, which was good. I'll have an ultrasound before my next chemo so that we can really see what is happening and measure the response. He said my good tolerance of the chemo was great and that chances are I should continue to feel well on it. I'm finally starting to experience the #1 chemo side effect of hair loss so I'm planning to go "off with my hair" tonight. I have a nice selection of wigs and hats, though, that I can have some fun with once I take the plunge.
We're getting ready for Thanksgiving in our house....Ed's mom arrived Sunday and his dad, my sistter Juli, and my brother-in-law Jeff arrive on Wednesday which should be fun. Oh and my new refrigerator and oven (which I am super excited about) arrive Friday. Sadly, they are the only ones not making it in time for our feast!
So that's about it....just hoping I continue to tolerate the chemo fairly well again this time so that I can enjoy my weekend. Checking chemo #2 off of my list now.....more updates in a couple of days.
16 comments:
You're doing great- keep it up!!
Great news about the tumor and all - glad you can feel better about it.
I know you will look great with your 'new look' :)
Hi Amy, I'm a good friend of ur Mom & Doug dn here in S. FL. Sooo glad ur on ur way to beating this cancer! Stay as positive & strong as u can & u will be a breast cancer survivor! U r in my prayers daily!
Gloria Ford
Post a pic of your naked head at some point!
Glad to hear about your appt and hope you feel well the next couple of days.
Hang in there Amy! Did you get Samantha's pink wig? Would totally spark some conversation, and when does pink not boost one's energy?! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
YES! #2 down. It sounds so good to have you be checking that off your list. I am so happy to hear of the tumor measuring smaller. Any shrinkage is excellent! The weather is going to be fantastic on Thurs. and Fri so hopefully I will get to see you outside a bit. :)
Hi Amy - wishing you the happiest of holiday blessings. Make sure to eat lots of turkey and take long naps after!
Thanks for your update.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to your gang!
Love,
Uncle Donnie and the gang on my end
Amy,
What great news about your latest tests!! Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we're looking forward to your next wave of great progress! :)
Happy Thanksgiving Amy! So glad to hear you are tolerating the chemo well and getting good test results!
Amy, so glad to hear you are rocking chemo with such few complications. Just goes to show how tough you are! I love hearing about all the ways people are showing their support - you deserve every ounce of it. Hope you and your family are able to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving together, shiny new appliances or not. :)
Hi Amy,
It was great seeing you last night!! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your local peeps... I hope you have a great Thanksgiving; looking forward to our girlie night out!!!
Hugs!!!
Hair grows back... "bad cells" won't!!!! Stay strong and positive.
Love to all,
Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Mike
Hi Amy! That's great about the oncology appointment and that your tumor may be shrinking already! It must also be such a relief to hear that you'll likely continue to feel mostly ok on chemo - I would think that would make it much easier to keep your spirits up. I'm thinking of you and your hair! I can't wait to see your new look :) Who knows, maybe your hair will grow back highlighted and straight!
When I tried to think about what I could write that would inspire you and make you smile, I thought of a cheer that that inspired me.....You can beat this...YES YOU CAN!!! Go Amazing Amy!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! Eat pie first...save room for turkey.
Hi Amy-
This is Suzy, Juli's friend, and I just wanted you to know that I am sending good thoughts your way!!! Great news about the tumor shrinking and congrats on completing round 2 of chemo! Also, you are beautiful and will totally rock a shaved head, pink wig, or whatever you decide to do with your new look.
Love, Suzy
Amy, so glad to hear that all is going well so far. Positive thoughts are always streaming your way from me. I'm glad you are tolerating the chemo so far. My aunt, who has completed her first year of treatment never had more side affects than tired and weak, and of course the hair loss. May you be as luck as she. She is doing great and cancer free now!
Post a Comment