Friday, December 2, 2011
My Fellow Warrior
I have a fellow warrior in my fight against breast cancer. I've never
mentioned her in my blog because although she is someone incredibly
close to me, she wages her battle far more privately than I do. She is
strong and courageous, and also completely undeserving of this difficult
journey. It is incomprehensible that the two of us are going through such a similar journey at the same time. Today she is undergoing the same surgery that I will have
later this spring. I ask that all of you in my blog world please take a
few minutes to send her your positive energy later today for a
successful surgery, and this weekend for a speedy recovery. When she
was first diagnosed, I did my very best to give her all of my love and
support. But I didn't fully understand her journey until I was
diagnosed just a few months later. We have stood together in our battles
thus far, and I know we
will continue to draw strength from each other for years to come. I
also know she is going to sail through her surgery later today, but a
little extra positive energy never hurt anyone. So all kinds of good
thoughts coming at you, my very dear friend!! (PS - no need for any
comments on this post - just good thoughts!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment