Just a quick update that chemo #4 is done. I don't consider myself truly halfway done until I'm over the side effects from it, but I'm happy to have one more round done! Everything went smoothly today - my oncologist said my lymph nodes appear tiny and that my tumor has shrunk about a centimeter in each direction so he was pleased with my progress. My blood counts were also normal - so all in all, a positive appointment! I'm now officially done with this round of drugs (adriamycin and cytoxin) and will start different ones for my next four treatments (taxol and herceptin) which tend to be tolerated better by most people, so hopefully the worst will be over with my chemo soon!
Off to relax a bit before my mom arrives and I head to my support group. Lots of Christmas excitement in my house, so just hoping I feel good by Sunday. Hope everyone is having fun preparing for the holidays!!
7 comments:
I love all this good news!!! Keep it up! I hope the side effects pass ASAP!
So happy you had such positive news from Dr. Yao!! Hope you weather the side effects ok, but remember to take it easy and relax! Love to all of you!!
As we said-you are zapping those cells!
Keep it up!
Have a great holiday week!
Love,
Dad and Amalia
Yeah!! Half-done, way to go!! Hope the effects are minimal this time and the following times. Take care and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Sibyl
Jeff's aunt
Hearing that the tumor and lymph nodes are responding to treatment has to be the best Christmas and Hanukkah gifts you've ever received! We continue to pray for you and know that you're going to beat this "dumb cancer".
Enjoy your Holiday Season Amy!
The Garno Gang
Wonderful news about the skrinking tumors! Happy Hanukkah and Christmas! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are and alway will beamazing! tell your grandparents we said a "mishabarach" for you last night in temple. They will explain. Have a great holiday. xxoo Cindi and Paul
Post a Comment