Monday, December 26, 2011

Finally...

I think I'm finally, finally starting to recover and feel better from chemo #4.  It really was much more difficult than the first three rounds, but thankfully, I'm now done with this combo of meds.  I'm very glad that I went to the hospital yesterday for fluids...I think that helped quite a bit.  I also slept in the guest room last night to get a break from our boys (who like to find their way into our bed at some point during the night each and every night) and got a solid 13 hours of sleep.  I still have almost no appetite - it's a very strange thing to have absolutely no desire to eat food (particularly when we have so many delicious things in our house!) - but I'm doing my best to keep my strength up and to continue to get stronger. It's back to work for me tomorrow (I hope) and believe it or not, my very brave husband has decided to take the boys on an impromptu trip to Virginia to visit his family, so my mom and I will enjoy a few days of quiet!

I'm still overwhelmed by the kindness of everyone to our family.  In particular, my entire group of former co-workers from Oshkosh put together a huge basket of gifts for us, including toys for Owen and Colin.  I can't even begin to explain how much that mean to me.  And  Christmas morning was quite the extravaganza in our house! I've posted some pictures below from the past few days....

A family Chanukah picture (we're lucky enough to celebrate both holidays in our house!)

One of my new favorite sayings (I know some of you will get a kick out of this!)

Some excited boys on Christmas morning

Owen opening his prized Nintendo DS!

How Colin spent most of Christmas morning (swiping chocolates out of our stockings and shoving them in his mouth!)

There's no doubt these children belong to Ed and me....despite about 25 new toys, they still spent hours performing on their new trumpet and saxophone on Christmas day!

6 comments:

sibyl said...

Beautiful sons, beautiful family, thanks for sharing your holidays, Amy. I sincerely hope your last 1/2 of treatments do all they should for you, but don't devastate your life. Take care, all of you.
Sibyl
Jennifer R's Sister

Beverly said...

I'm sorry that you had such a rough 4th round, but the additional fluids should really help you recover more quickly. I loved your holiday pictures of your beautiful family! Hope you feel better quickly.
Love,
Bev

Sarah said...

Love the photos! kyle has really enjoyed his DS and I know Owen will love his as well. I am home all week so if you and your mom need anything, please call. wishing safe travels to Ed, Owen and Colin. LOVE the holiday photos!!!

Gloria Ford said...

Hi Amy!! Sooo glad ur @ the half-way place. Stay as strong & positive as u r & you've conquered half the battle!!

Juli Russell said...

you are through the worst of it- I know it!

Nancy said...

You said it was the toughest...but you MADE IT, so you can do anything! I hope it is a cake walk from here. Love the picture of your up and coming musicians!