A few highlights from the past few days (and some pictures below to illustrate them):
- We attended Colin's daycare Christmas program Wednesday morning. He was the youngest child in the show and just adorable - a complete ham in front of the crowd. That is, until Santa showed up on the last song and he ran screaming into my arms. So cute but so sad (and all captured on video!). We also decorated our Christmas tree as a family on Friday night which was a lot of fun.
- My dear grad school friend, who lives here in Neenah (and works at my former company), not only brought me dinner on Thursday but also organized "Team Amy - Illinois Chapter". I was so touched to receive a packet of more than a dozen letters from my old grad school crew, organized and compiled by Hannah (thanks so much....to any of you reading this!).
- And finally, I had the experience of all experiences last night. Ed's UW Oshkosh music students organized a concert in my honor, with the goal of supporting me and raising funds for breast cancer research. I can't even tell you how touched I was by the level of effort they went to. The brass quintet (decked out in pink ties!) was awesome, the other performers were great, and the students even organized a final group "number" for me. Earlier in the week, his students had also presented me with a huge basket of goodies. I can't say enough about the kindness of our Wisconsin friends. And about how much the students obviously love Professor Martin!
We're on our own for the next week-and-a-half since my mother-in-law, who has been a tremendous help, is leaving this morning. But hopefully it will be a pretty normal "off" week before this whole fun cycle begins again (my mom arrives on my next chemo day). Please keep sending me all your positive, cancer-fighting thoughts! I was somewhat encouraged by the progress my ultrasound showed earlier this week and am hoping it continues.
![]() |
| Colin's daycare holiday performance |
![]() |
| Almost a family picture! |
![]() |
| The boys posing by our tree (hard to get them to both smile - they aren't crazy about pictures!) |
![]() |
| The final number at my UW Oshkosh concert |




4 comments:
You certainly have a terrific support team that is expanding all the time!
Amalia and I are certainly glad to be part of it!
Have a great Sunday! We are proud of your continual positive mental and physical strength that will soon help make this current life experience just a distant memory.
I second the motion - the support you have is just unbelievable. You did GREAT with round 3, too. :)
Glad you enjoyed the Illini Chapter of Team Amy! It is great to see that your support team keeps getting bigger!
That's so wonderful that you have so many people supporting you! =) Round 3: check, and goodbye dumb cancer! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post a Comment