Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More fun...

Not a ton to report today. Just another day filled with yet another fun test: a lymph node biopsy.  This was a pretty long procedure, and they also had to go back into my breast to place a clip (something they didn't do when I had my first biopsy but is used for tracking where they have taken tissue samples from somewhere in the body) so I had to be numbed up twice.  Not a lot of fun and I'm pretty sore now.  My surgeon also called this afternoon to set up a meeting for tomorrow to regroup, so I should probably have some more information about my treatment plan tomorrow afternoon.

Positives for the day (because I always need to have some of those, right?) :
  • I connected with two fellow breast cancer "warriors". One is someone who went through this a few years ago and whom I have known for a while (and was not only able to give me some good advice but will also be able to give me some help during the week as I need it); the other is a new connection who was diagnosed about a year ago and is doing very well.  Hopeful stories are good for me right now.
  • I had a fantastic first quarter conference with Owen's kindergarten teacher.  She could not have said more wonderful things about him, and that made me so unbelievably proud.

10 comments:

Dad and Amalia said...

Thanks for the update-we have been waiting for it and noticed you are consistent in the time you post!
We are so proud of you and the boys! Keep up the positives!
Go Team Amy!

Stacey said...

Awesome people produce awesome kids :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you're focusing on the positives!!! That's the right attitude. I'm also glad to hear that you're meeting with your doctor tomorrow, things seem to be progressing fairly quickly so you'll definitely have a better picture real soon. Hang in there and keep the posts coming!!!

Hugs,

Adriana

Juli Russell said...

You are doing an AMAZING job of finding positive things to focus on. See why I named the blog Amazing Amy? It's only been a week and you have been amazing through the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I have been thinking of you every day. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this, but I know you'll get through it. You are very impressive! Love, Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Glad you are meeting tomorrow to get the information you need and set up a treatment plan. Once that's underway, you'll feel a sense of empowerment. Positive thoughts and much love are coming your way!!
Bev

Jessica said...

Bev said it well. :) You'll have the information you need going into the weekend and then have time to regroup with the core members of "Team Amy" to evaluate the plan. You'll feel some weight lifted from your shoulders once that is in place and them you'll be able to enjoy some fall weather with your incredible boys.

Matthew Zink said...

Amy,
We are thinking of you every day! Whatever the plan you and the doctors come up with, we know you will stay positive and get through it!!!
Love,
Matt and Kristy

Anonymous said...

Yay, more progress tomorrow. Baby steps. Was so moved by our talk today and meeting your mom-you have an incredible support team! Call/email/text whenever-24/7....seriously!

Anonymous said...

Amy, sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts. You have an amazing attitude! Take care.

Linda C.