Just a quick post before going to bed tonight to share how thankful I am to all of you who have been in touch since I shared my news earlier today. The emails, voicemails, texts, and comments on this blog have been incredible and mean so much to me, and the offers of help have been amazing. Although I'm feeling very unlucky right now in many ways, I do know how fortunate I am to have such wonderfully supportive family and friends. So if I haven't responded to your message, please know that I truly appreciate it.
Not a whole lot else in terms of updates from today. I met with my doctor again this afternoon and reviewed all of the information we have so far. She's wonderful - both Ed and my mom adored her. At this point, the only certainty is the cancer diagnosis - everything else is still very much up in the air until I have more tests and receive more results. I also went to my band rehearsal tonight. I wasn't certain if I had it in me to get through a dress rehearsal tonight and a concert on Friday but decided I needed to try and am glad I did. I'm trying to maintain as much normalcy as possible for as long as I can. I also spoke with my cancer case manager, set up a meeting for tomorrow with a counselor who runs a breast cancer support group at a hospital up in Appleton, and set up my consultation with a surgeon for Friday. All part of the "new normal" in my life.
Again, many, many thanks for all of the love and support today. It is very much appreciated.
6 comments:
We are all behind you, man!!!!! Love you!!!!!
Thinking of you!
Thinking of you every day and sending love and support from NJ!
Amy,
I'm so sorry to hear this shocking news. But you are responding in characteristic fashion--gathering together your support system, collecting information, and doing everything you can to meet the challenges in the best possible way. Just a reminder, but all this makes the prognosis that much brighter!
My mother had breast cancer many years ago--and I think it was the same kind you now have. Hers was detected in a mammogram when she was about 67. Lumpectomy and radiation followed, and she's still doing very well 13 years later. There are many hopeful stories out there, and I am certain that yours will be, too.
With love and support,
Rebecca Bryant
Amy -
Many thoughts and prayers with you. As you know, my mom has battled ovarian cancer and had many rounds of chemo over the last 12 years. I know the cancers are different and the regimes are different, but I'm sure she would love to a support contact for you if you need it.
Amy, we are all saying prayers for you and wishing you well. Keep that positive fighting spirit.
Sue Haynes
Pompano Beach
Post a Comment