I'm very happy to report that chemo round #5 has been a breeze so far. Probably thanks to my change in drugs (and only having one real chemo drug in my system now), I've had very few side effects this week. I haven't even had to take a single anti-nausea pill! I was afraid to post how good I was feeling in case I jinxed myself, but now that it's officially Saturday afternoon, I figured it was ok to go ahead. I was a little tired and achy during the week, but despite that, I still managed to work every day (although I did sneak in a nap each afternoon, thanks to the flexibility of my job) and keep life very normal. I even thoroughly enjoyed several fabulous meals from my local "Team Amy" crew!
I'm looking forward to a pretty normal off-week. My mom is leaving so we'll be on our own for the next several weeks, but fortunately Ed is between semesters right now so although he's swamped with other work, he's not teaching and has more flexibility. I do have to get weekly infusions of herceptin (the hormone I just started and will continue to be on for a year) so this Tuesday will bring another hour or so at the oncology office, but from what I've heard, I should have very little side effects from it.
So off to enjoy the weekend and our unseasonably warm January weather (who would ever believe it's almost 40 degrees and sunny this weekend in northern Wisconsin?!?). 5 down, 3 to go.....
6 comments:
goodness it is so nice you could all take a walk....ellie was out this a.m. and was dancing in the court she loved the warm weather! i am soooo happy to hear/read your good week. what a blessing that the new med's appear to have less side effects. very, very good news. we are cheering you on over here and constantly keeping you in thought and prayer.
Yay for the nice weather in WI! :) Glad you're feeling good. Let me know if you need anything!
You did it!! You are in the home stretch now :)
Happy to hear the warmer weather is up there as well. Even happier to hear how much better you're feeling! The end of treatments is in sight! :)
I'm glad that you aren't having the nausea issues so much now, and knock of wood that it keeps up during the remainder of this part of your treatment! The weather has been so weird here too. This morning we actually had a tiny tiny bit of snow on the cars... odd winter. Thinking of you! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI AMY!
I'M TRYING TO CATCH UP WITH YOUR BLOG. I'VE BEEN GONE A LOT BECAUSE MY PARENTS HAVE NOT BEEN DOING WELL SINCE OCTOBER. THEY LIVE IN MILWAUKEE. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE HANGING IN THERE AND STILL HAVE THAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE. GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. I MISS YOU AT BAND. MARC SAID YOU MIGHT BE COMING BACK IN JANUARY. THAT WOULD SURE BE NICE IF YOU WERE ABLE TO DO THAT! YOU HAVE BEEN IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND STILL ARE. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. LINDA
Post a Comment