Just another quick update that I think I'm officially over the side effects of chemo #6....which means I can now say that I'm 75% done with this phase of my oh-so-long marathon. Hooray! This round really wasn't bad - I was very achy on Thursday and Friday (hard to know if that was from chemo or the neulasta shot I get on Wednesdays) and somewhat tired, but nothing to really complain about. And despite our snowy, sub-zero weather, I still made it into work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, although I left in the early afternoon each day so that I could get a couple of hours of rest before the boys came home.
I'm looking forward to a pretty normal week coming up. I have my now-weekly herceptin infusion on Tuesday (which is no big deal) and an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday to begin talking about my upcoming surgery. I'll be sure to post an update after that meeting. The concert band that I play in is beginning its spring semester rehearsals this week, too, so I need to start getting my oboe-playing muscles back into shape. I'm excited to get to play with my group again!
So back to enjoying the weekend - the boys are out of the house for several hours this afternoon, giving me some time to catch up on household chores. It's amazing how much laundry and junk can pile up when I don't stay on top of it. Hope everyone is staying warm!
6 comments:
We are so glad everything went well this week. Can't wait to see you all soon and celebrate Colin's Birthday, Superbowl,Valentines day, and most of all your last treatment!
How about some warm weather for us?
Love,
Dad and Amalia
I'm glad things are going well and the side effects have been minimal. Stay warm and enjoy the weekend! :)
You are doing great!!!!
You are doing great!!!!
Go Amazing Amy!!!
Amy, it sounds like you are doing so well! I'm so glad to hear that you are coming back to band. I've missed you! See you on Wednesday. Linda
Post a Comment