Sunday, October 14, 2012

Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk

I'm very proud of the fundraising I was able to do for the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk this weekend.  Thanks to the kindness of all of my friends and family, I raised nearly $5000 for the American Cancer Society to directly benefit breast cancer research and services.  It was a fun (but very soggy!) morning spent with my team, The Tough Cookies.  Check out some pictures and video from the day....

Decked out in our gear the evening before the walk with my boys!


Yes, my husband did dye his hair pink for the walk!

The weather was so awful, but my Tough Cookies still showed up in full force

More of my wonderful teammates who braved the rain to support this important cause

I was very excited to have been asked to speak as the "honorary survivor".  Unfortunately, someone failed to bring the sound system and it was pouring rain, so I had to project and keep it short!

With my mom, who came in from Ohio for the event

My Tough Cookie teammates

OK, I'll be completely honest - it was pouring so badly that we never actually managed to walk.  My team went to a coffee shop downtown for some treats after the opening ceremony and some pictures! :)
A video of my comments at the breast cancer walk.  Yes, it really was pouring and I really was standing on top of a picnic table with Ed holding an umbrella for me.  Quite unforgettable! :)

My sister and her friends formed the Cincinnati branch of the "Tough Cookies" and did the same walk the day after mine - so awesome of them!

1 comment:

Dad and Amalia said...

It was an unforgettable event for all of us who have been part of your team in one way or another. Rain or shine, we look forward to many more events to raise money to help women survive breast cancer and eventually eliminate it.
Keep striding!