I had my follow-up PET scan today and have been sitting on pins and needles all afternoon waiting for the results. Not good for productivity at work! I finally got them around 3:00 and it was all great news: my response to chemo has been good, the cancer in my breast and lymph nodes has shrunk, and there are no new findings or spread. Hooray!!!! I can’t even begin to express what a relief it is to be able to share such good news!
Besides today’s PET scan, I’ve continued to enjoy life returning back to normal post-chemo. The boys are as crazy as ever, my new job is turning into my dream job with exciting and interesting projects, and life is moving at an ever-hectic pace. I’m definitely still more tired than I used to be – I’m ready for bed by about 9pm – but otherwise I feel great. I did have a couple of pre-op appointments last week – one with my radiation oncologist who confirmed that she can no longer feel anything in my lymph nodes and one with my plastic surgeon, who went through all of the scary surgery and post-surgery stuff. I absorbed what I could about the surgical details – but there’s only so much my poor brain can comprehend right now so I figure I’ll take the rest as it happens. Surgery is now less than 2 weeks away – ick!
The Martin crew hit the road for a family trip last weekend to Legoland Chicago. We had to drive through the worst winter storm of the season to get there on Friday, but we made it and had a great time. I don’t think I’ve ever heard the boys say “This is AWESOME!” so many times (they were particularly impressed by the hotel). I’ve posted some fun pictures from our trip below. Besides a pre-op appointment with my surgeon next week, I don’t have much going on until surgery, but I’ll post updates as they occur. Now back to trying to get some work done....
PS: To follow up on last week’s post….Juli’s having a GIRL!!! J
![]() |
| My little traveling boys |
![]() |
| With "Lego Obama!" |
![]() |
| A Star Wars family we are! |



8 comments:
Yay for good news! I'm glad everything is going so well post chemo. You'll do great with everything else as well. :)
Woohoo! I'm so excited for you and your good news! Keep it coming!
I'm so, soooo glad to hear that! And glad you got to go to Chicago. Sounds like a blast!
Keep that good news coming!
We are so proud of the way you have handled this difficult time and look forward to getting past the next phase!
Love,
Dad and Amalia
Woot Woot! You are a trooper meeting one challenge at a time. Good for you! Hey,dont' knock my 9pm bedtime...I don't even have an excuse!
Awesome news!!!
So happy to hear the great news Amy!!! :)
Yes! I am so happy to hear everything is going well! Glad you all had a fun trip to Legoland.
Post a Comment